This workshop will be a fundamental presentation of Hasta Samudrika – the traditional analysis of hand portents.
Considered a sister-branch to Jyotisha (Vedic Astrology), the science of classical palmistry is both accessible and fascinating. It’s fascinating to examine, through the insights of disciplines associated with the ancient Indian spiritual texts, that what is found above in the heavens can also be found below, in the palm of the hand. As such, the human hand can serve as an amazing mirror, providing insights towards greater self-awareness.
Through this workshop Abhimanyu Dasa will examine basic tenets that reveal character, talents, expectations and potentials as revealed in this wondrous living symbol. Gain further ability for self-discovery as well as snapshot assessments of others you connect with.
Topics covered will include:
- Intro to Hasta Samudrika/general categorical principles of hand analysis
- The 4 hand element types (earth/water/air/fire)
- Core principles regarding fingers and primary lines
- Insightful linkages to samskara (mental impressions) and vritti (habitual motions of thought) as portrayed in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Practical revelation of the antahkarana (ego, mind, intellect and memory)
- Methods for taking clean palm prints (with class demonstration/participation)
All are welcome, and no previous experience needed. Bring an open mind full of curiosity as this is designed to be an intuitive, exploratory and insightful journey.