This training is for yoga teachers, life coaches, yoga practitioners and anyone interested in diving deeply into the science and lifestyle of Ayurveda. It consists of 100 hours which can be applied to the advanced, Yoga Alliance certified 300 hour yoga teacher training. This training is also certified for continuing education hours for NAMA certified Ayurvedic practitioners.
– Ayurvedic Digestion and Nutrition
– Dinacharya & Rtucharya ( Daily & Seasonal routines for self care )
– History and Philosophy of Ayurveda
– Ayurvedic Cooking
– Ayurvedic Yoga, meditation and pranayama
– Fundamental theory of the doshas
– Psychology from an Ayurvedic Perspective
– Non Violent Communication & Coaching skills
– Customized yoga classes for balancing doshas
– Ayurveda & the Mind by David Frawley
– Read the Introduction to Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook by Kate O’Donnell
WHAT IS AYURVEDA?
Ayurveda, Yoga’s sister science, is a 5,000-year- old system of natural healing rooted in the ancient culture of India. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life,Veda = science or knowledge), guiding us not only towards vibrant physical and mental health, but also deeper connection to our spiritual nature. It offers a body of wisdom designed to help you stay vital while realizing your full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behavior and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our body, mind, spirit, and environment.